This low carb Mexican zucchini and ground beef recipe is a simple dish made with low cost ingredients. It’s an easy LCHF dinner recipe perfect for summer.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 6 servings
Calories 272 kcal
- 2 medium zucchini sliced and quartered
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 can Mexican style diced tomatoes with green chilis (salsa or diced tomatoes could be used), 10 can
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Brown ground beef with minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Cook over medium heat until meat is browned.
Add tomatoes and remaining spices. Cover and simmer on low heat for another 10 minutes.
Add the zucchini. Cover and cook for about 10 more minutes until zucchini is cooked, but still firm.
Nutrition per serving: 4.1g net carb