If you’re short on time, don’t like cooking or want to stay in ketosis without chewing on sticks of butter, Bulletproof coffee is your answer.
What is Bulletproof coffee? BPC (for short) is an upgrade for your regular cup of Joe. Healthy fats are blended and frothed into freshly brewed coffee. BPC is satisfying enough to double as a morning meal.
What’s in BPC? This special coffee is about 97% fat and made from three basic ingredients: Grass-fed butter, MCT oil (Medium Chain Triglyceride) or coconut oil and organic coffee beans.
Why Drink Bulletproof Coffee? This new-and-improved version leaves you full, focused and energized for hours, crash-free – guaranteed. Low carbers have many reasons besides weight loss for drinking Bulletproof Coffee.
- Helps you stay in ketosis
- Accelerates fat loss
- Promotes muscle gain
- Boosts brain power
- Increases mental clarity
- Bumps up energy levels
The Fat Burning Ingredient in BPC
For maximum weight loss results, enjoy Bulletproof coffee on an empty stomach – preferably at the start of your day.
How does BPC help burn fat so quickly? Coconut oil.
Extra virgin coconut oil is the healthiest Bulletproof coffee ingredient and essential for rapid fat-burning. Coconut oil is high in Medium Chain Triglycerides, or (MCT) fatty acids. These fats are metabolized differently. Coconut oil is used immediately for energy – not stored.
How To Make Perfect Bulletproof Coffee
Bulletproof Coffee is popular for a reason. This high fat low carb coffee is rich, frothy and tastes awesome. Here’s a simple version of how to make basic Bulletproof Coffee.
Perfect Bulletproof Coffee
- 2 tbsp unsalted grass-fed butter (like Kerrygold)
- 1-2 tbsp of MCT oil or coconut oil
- 2 cups hot freshly brewed organic coffee
- add-in spices, flavors or sweetener like Splenda (optional)
Brew coffee. This can be espresso, drip, french press, etc.
Pre-heat blender. Pour hot water into your blender while your coffee is brewing.
Blend and froth. Empty the hot water from the (now preheated) blender. Add coffee, butter and MCT or coconut oil.
Add extras: cinnamon, vanilla, dark chocolate, flavored sugar-free syrups or sweetener.
Blend until there is a thick layer of foam on top like a latte. Yes, you can also use a hand held blender – they’re inexpensive and work great.
6 Big Bulletproof Mistakes
The recipe for Bulletproof Coffee is carefully designed. However, some Bulletproof Coffee recipe changes will lower its positive effects.
Don’t make these Bulletproof Coffee mistakes:
1. Not all coffee is equal. The wrong coffee (those containing mycotoxins) will zap your energy, leaving you lethargic and irritable. Choose organic coffee to avoid chemicals.
2. Only use grass-fed butter like Kerrygold. Butter from grain-fed animals has a different fat composition. It doesn’t blend as well, doesn’t taste as good, and lacks fat soluble vitamins (which is one of the reasons this coffee is ‘bulletproof’). Don’t use low-fat or butter substitutes!
3. Butter alone does NOT make your coffee Bulletproof. The MCT or coconut oil in your Bulletproof Coffee promotes high energy, fat loss and increases brain function. It also makes the coffee have a better feel in your mouth.
4. Don’t use Bulletproof Coffee as a meal replacement often. Bulletproof Coffee is very filling, so this will be tempting. A few times a week is acceptable, but replacing a meal means you’ll be missing out on vital nutrients and protein.
5. Blend, blend, blend… or it won’t taste the same. Stirring won’t emulsify your Bulletproof Coffee. To get that rich, creamy texture you want use a blender.
6. If you must add a sweetener. Use caution when adding sugar-free flavored syrups. The extra carbs add up quickly and may act like sugar for some low carbers.
For 12 Bulletproof Coffee recipes – Ice Cream, Hot Cocoa, Coffee Gummies, Cocoa Mousse or Pumpkin Frappuccino check this link.