I made Peace Love and Low Carb Keto Flourless Chewy Double Chocolate Chip Cookies and they taste just like a brownie cookie. I tweaked recipe a little and used cacao powder -found at Walmart (instead of cocoa powder), used pyure (instead of swerve) and used unflavored whey protein (instead of peanut butter powder). I promise, you will love these 💖
- 1 cup natural creamy almond butter
- 2/3 cup confectioners erythritol (I use this brand)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter powder (I use this brand)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon melted salted butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract (I use this brand)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup sugar free dark chocolate baking chips (I use this brand or this brand)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond butter, erythritol, cocoa powder, peanut butter powder, eggs, butter, water, vanilla extract, and baking soda. Using an elecrtric hand mixer, mix until all ingredients are well combined. It will be a very thick dough. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Form the cookie dough into 1 1/2 inch to 2 inch balls. This will produce 12 good sized cookies. You can make them smaller to yield more cookies.
- Place the cookie dough balls on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and place on a cooling rack to allow the cookies to cool before eating.
- Calories: 115
- Fat: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 3.8g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Protein: 4g
Credit: Peace Love and Low Carb and Rachel Zamouski Wemple, Registered Dietitian, Certified Diabetes Educator, Consultant, Disease Manager